FRESH APPLE CAKE from Granny
Here is her favorite apple cake recipe.
This is a very moist cake.
How to Make FRESH APPLE CAKE from Granny
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 13X9 inch cake pan or two round pans.
- She said, MIX ALL TOGETHER!
- I combine sugar, oil, eggs and lemon zest. Beat until light colored.
Add flour, salt and baking soda. Beat until combined. Stir in apples and nuts.
- Pour into a prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes. Cool.
Test cake to be sure it is done.
- Granny preferred this with whip cream or frosted with a chocolate buttercream frosting.
She liked nuts around the outside!
- Another option:
Beat 8 ounces room temp. cream cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 pound powdered sugar until combined and smooth.
Frost cake and put chopped nuts around the outside of cake.