Fresh Apple Cake
It is rich and moist and bad for you ... but so very good.
1 1/2 cvegetable oil
3 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspvanilla extract
3 capples, chopped (i use granny smith)
1 cpecans, chopped
How to Make Fresh Apple Cake
- Note: This is one of those recipes that is going to require you to get your hands messy if you really want to mix the cake up well. It will be thick and will need to be "placed" in the pan and spread out, not "poured."
- Beat the sugar and oil together; add eggs, one at a time and beat to blend between each addition.
- Mix together the flour, soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add to the batter and mix well. Add vanilla.
- Fold in the apples and pecans, using a heavy spoon or, my preferred method, you hands, to ensure the cake is mixed well.
- "Pour" into a greased Bundt pan or 13 x 9 baking pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Note: I prefer baking this cake in a 13 x 9 inch pan because it comes out a bit crunchy on top.