Fresh Apple Butter Cake
Angela (Grammy) Derby
How to Make Fresh Apple Butter Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 325'F. Grease a 10" tube pan or 2 loaf pans or a 13x9" cake pan.
- 2Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves into a bowl; set aside.
- 3Cream together butter and sugar; add eggs and oil and mix well.
- 4Add dry ingredients; stir until blended; stir in chopped apples. Add nuts (if desired)
- 5Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. (Check it after the 1 hour time, mine is always just about done then.)
- 6When cooled, sprinkle with Confectioners' sugar, if you like. It's just as good without any topping at all.