French Chocolate Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 7 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate
- 14 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- hazelnuts, coarsley chopped
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
How to Make French Chocolate Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Grease a springform pan with detachable bottom that has a diameter of about 9 1/2 inches.
- 3Melt cooking chocolate and butter in a thick-bottomed pot over low heat.
- 4Beat eggs and sugar until light and airy; carefully stir the somewhat cooled chocolate mixture into egg mixture.
- 5Blend flour, nuts, and baking powder together, and fold carefully into batter - It's important to fold it in gently.
- 6Pour batter into pan and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes - The cake should not become firm.
- 7(The "unbaked" batter tastes like a delicious filling).
- 8You may garnish cooled cake with a bit of grated chocolate and a ring of whipped topping.