French Apple Cake
5 star rating!
·1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
·4 teaspoons water
·1 cup flour
·8 ounces butter
·4 ounces philadelphia cream cheese, softened
·1 (8 ounce) tub philadelphia honey nut flavor cream cheese spread (optional)
·1 cup whipping cream (optional)
·1/4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
How to Make French Apple Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To prepare the caramel, heat 3/4 cup granulated sugar with 4 tsp. water. When the sugar becomes light brown, add the juice of 1/2 lemon and remove from heat.
3. Coat the bottom and sides of a springform pan with the caramel.
4. Peel, core and thinly slice the apples and arrange in an attractive circular overlapping pattern on the caramel.
5. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar. Add the flour, butter, PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (4 oz.) and continue beating until you have a creamy batter.
6. Pour over apples and caramel and bake for 35 minutes. Let cool slightly prior to turning over onto a decorative cake plate.
Optional: While cake is baking, beat PHILADELPHIA Honey Nut Flavor Cream Cheese until fluffy. Separately, beat whipping cream until fluffy and then add 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Gently fold the whipped PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese into the whipped cream and chill well using the freezer, if necessary. Top the warm cake slices with a spoonful of PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese/whipped cream mixture and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories: 722 | Total Fat: 47g | Cholesterol: 222mg