FREDDIE's POPCORN CAKE...by CinStraw
I guess you could say, "better late than never"...=;D
My friend Freddie makes this every Holiday...Birthdays, Valenting, Easter, St Pattys Day Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Just change the color of M&M candies to match whatever color you need it for.
All the Kiddo's request it, such a fun and tasty cake!!!
I made it again 10/28/2014 with a few changes...
photo by CinStraw
- 2 tsp
- plus 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 12 c
- popped popcorn (plain, unsalted and unbuttered)
- 2 c
- candy corn
- 2 c
- m & m candies (christmas colors, use pastels for easter, all green ones for st pattys day..etc)
- 1 c
- lightly salted cocktail peanuts
- 1 stick
- unsalted butter
- 1 lb
How to Make FREDDIE's POPCORN CAKE...by CinStraw
- 1Grease a large baking pan like a 9x13" (this photo is by: CinStraw) pan works well, (or can use a tube/bundt cake pan), with 2 teaspoons of the oil, and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix the popped corn with the, Candy Corn, M & M candies and the peanuts.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter, remaining 1/4 cup of oil, and marshmallows over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. When melted, pour over the popcorn mixture, and stir to combine.
Pour into the prepared cake pan, pressing down to
fit. Cover with aluminum foil to keep moist and let rest until firm, 3 to 4 hours.
To serve, invert the cake pan onto a large cake plate or platter. Shake gently to release.
Serve at room temperature, or completely cooled, taste good both ways (and it freezes well).