- 1 box
- red velvet cake mix
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/3 c
- vegatable oil
- 1 can(s)
- cherry pie filling
- 2 tsp
- almond extract
- 1 pkg
- large marshmallows (19-24)
- 1 can(s)
- whipped cream cheese icing
- 1 box
- dots candy
- tube of chocolate decorating icing with tip
- 6-7 dash(es)
- green food coloring (drops)
- 1/2 c
How to Make Frankenstein Cupcakes
- 1CUPCAKES: Mix together the eggs, oil, water, Almond extract and cake mix for about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- 2Gently fold in the Cherry Pie Filling.
- 3Line your cupcake pans with your favorite Halloween liners.
- 4Use a 1/3 measuring cup and pour evenly into each cupcake liner.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 19 to 22 minutes depending on your oven.
- 6Cool and ice them with Whipped Cream Cheese Icing
- 7Decorations: 6-7 Drops of water diluted Green dye and a cooking brush. 1 Bag of regular sized Marshmallows; 1 large box of Dots candy, 1 tube of Chocolate Decorating Icing or make you own and use a piping bag with a thin tip.
- 8Brush each Marshmallow with the green diluted dye and place on Wax paper. (Either use gloves or you can use a skewer to hold the marshmallow.) Try not to brush the bottom of it due to it sticking to the wax paper.
- 9Cut dots in half - Red for the bolts should be cut in half down the middle sideways and you can match up the small ends with the big ends for uniformity and cut the Green ones length wise for his arms/legs. (if you don't have enough of one color, the pink or orange can be substituted for the bolts and yellow for the arms/legs. Otherwise, buy an additional box of dots and enjoy eating the leftovers!
- 10Once the dye drys, make a face with the Decorating icing.... eyebrows, eyes, and mouth. Let that dry before putting on the cupcakes.
- 11Assemble: Put the Marshmallow just behind the center of the cupcake on the icing. With your spreader, use a little of the Cream cheese icing on the flat(or cut) side of the bolts to help it stick to the sides of his head. Then just put down two green halves as arms.