Frangipane Cake for Petit Fours
Jordan Michelle Falco
This is a very huge rescipe and can be cut down accordingly, or made at once and then frozen. A very versitile batter that can be colored and flavored in many different and exciting variations.
- 1 lb
- can almond paste
- 25 oz
- granulated sugar
- 3 lb
- softened unsalted butter
- 28 oz
- sifted cake flour
How to Make Frangipane Cake for Petit Fours
- 1Cream almond paste and sugar in the bowl of an (industrial size) electic mixer.
- 2Add a little bit of egg to the almond and sugar mixture to soften then almond paste.
- 3Add butter.
- 4Add 1/3 of the eggs untill well combined, drop the bowl of the mixer and scape down the sides. Do this 3 more times until all of the eggs are incorperated.
- 5Add the flour, and mix until just combined.
- 6Portioning: 2 pounds per 1/2 sheet pan. 4 pounds per full sheet pan.
- 7Add variations such as food coloring, sliced almonds or chopped hazelnuts, ect. Bake at 350 until set.