FOR YOU LILLIAN, CHINESE DOUGHNUTS
Jo Anne Sugimoto
How to Make FOR YOU LILLIAN, CHINESE DOUGHNUTS
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in a mediun sized mixing bowl.
- Crumble and incorporate the shortening or butter into the flour mixture until there are no large clumps remaining.
- Add the milk and stir just until the dough forms into a ball
- Knead 8 to 12 times. Do not over knead.
- Heat an inch or two of oil over medium to medium-high heat.
- Take a 1/4 cup of dough and roll it into a ball. Gently flatten to resemble a biscuit shape.
- Fry in oil until both sides are very lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Roll the doughnut around on a plate of sugar.