FOR YOU LILLIAN, CHINESE DOUGHNUTS
Jo Anne Sugimoto
How to Make FOR YOU LILLIAN, CHINESE DOUGHNUTS
- 1Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in a mediun sized mixing bowl.
- 2Crumble and incorporate the shortening or butter into the flour mixture until there are no large clumps remaining.
- 3Add the milk and stir just until the dough forms into a ball
- 4Knead 8 to 12 times. Do not over knead.
- 5Heat an inch or two of oil over medium to medium-high heat.
- 6Take a 1/4 cup of dough and roll it into a ball. Gently flatten to resemble a biscuit shape.
- 7Fry in oil until both sides are very lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- 8Roll the doughnut around on a plate of sugar.