This cheesecake does present some difficulites such as: having a very large food processor, you could use a stand mixer, though. I believe mine is a six cup and it was not big enough. Make sure your cream cheese is softened. Make sure your springform pan is at least a 9-inch. Mine is a 9-inch, it was filled to the brim with cheesecake filling.
Will let Y'all know how it tastes, tomorrow.
- 2 1/2 c
- graham cracker crumbs (abt 2 pkgs.)
- 3 Tbsp
- sugar (i used cinnamon graham crackers and omitted the sugar
- 5 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 3 lb
- cream cheese, softened (6 - 8oz pkgs)
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1 3/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch
- cherry preserves, for topping (optional)
How to Make Foolproof Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 325^ F.
- 2Before getting started on the crust, make sure your springform pan is at least a 9-inch. I believe mine is a 9-inch and the batter came up to the very top edge of the pan.
Make the Crust: In a large bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and 3 Tbsp. of sugar. With a fork add the melted butter, mix to combine. Pour the crumbs into a 9 inch springform pan and press crumbs onto the bottom and up the side of the pan.
Using a 1 cup metal measuring cup is helpful in getting the crumbs pressed into the side of the pan.
Place in oven and bake until set, about 15 to 20 minutes. It took about 15-17 minutes in my oven, so keep an eye on your baking time. When finished remove from oven and let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 300^F.
- 3Note: Before getting started on the cheesecake batter, make sure your food processor bowl is larger than 6 cups. You can still use a smaller processor bowl, but you will have to do the mixing in batches.
For The Cheesecake Batter: In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream and sugar until well combined. Scrape well after mixing. Add the eggs one at a time, pulsing and scraping well after each addition. Add the zest, vanilla and salt; pulse to combine.
- 4Pour the batter over the cooled graham cracker crust and place in the 300^F oven. (Since my springform pan was full to the brim with the filling, I placed the springform pan on a rimmed cookie sheet, covered with foil.) Bake until the cheesecake is set but still slightly jiggly in the center, about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. (mine baked for 1 1/2hrs.)
- 5Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside the oven for 1 hour. After 1 hour, remove the cheesecake from the oven and refrigerate until fully cooled; about 2 hours.
Note: The cheesecake was still very warm (needed potholders to remove) out of the oven. So, I let the cheesecake sit on a cooling rack on the counter top for about 1/2 hour. Since the cheesecake was still very warm, I did not cover it before placing in the refrigerator, as I didn't want any condisation to accumulate on the top of the cheesecake.
- 6After cooled, remove from fridge, run a knife around the edge of the cooled cheesecake, then release it from the springform pan. Top with cherry preserves, if using. Slice and serve.