"Fly Me to the Moon" Gingerbread/Cake
Dalia G Cottrell
If you want to frost it use a very light frosting, maybe seven minute icing. Doesn't really need it though. Double the recipe if you need a larger cake (9 X 13)
2/3 cdark molasses
2/3 ccooking oil
1 1/3 tspbaking soda dissolved in 1 tbsp. hot water
1 1/3 cflour ( i always sift mine)
2/3 cboiling water
How to Make "Fly Me to the Moon" Gingerbread/Cake
- Place first 7 ingregients into a bowl and beat lightly with mixer or by hand until well incorparated.
- Then Add baking soda into hot water. Add to above mixture.
- Sift in the 1 1/3 cups of flour and beat well. Add boiling water. Batter will be very thin. Do not add more flour. This will be the actual consistency of the batter. Don't let the thin batter fool you, it will bake into a wonderfully light ginger cake.
- Pour in square pan and bake 25 minutes in a 325 degree oven.
- This bakes into a very light, delicious gingerbread like cake.