First Premium Golden Vanilla Pound Cake
3/4 cbutter, at room temperature
3 ozpackage of cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/2 csugar
1 tspbaking powder
2 tspvanilla extract
1 tspalmond extract
5large eggs, at room temperature
3 Tbspwhole milk
1 3/4 c+ 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tspwhole milk
How to Make First Premium Golden Vanilla Pound Cake
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Lightly spray 2 regular size loaf pans with PAM Baking.
- In a medium bowl beat together the butter, cream cheese, salt, sugar, baking powder, vanilla extract, and almond extract until well combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; the mixture may look slightly curdled/grainy. After you've added the final egg, beat at high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in the milk.
- Sprinkle in the flour gradually with the mixer going at low speed. Mix until just combined. The batter will be smooth and thick, but still pourable. Pour and scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- To make the topping:
Combine the sugar, vanilla, and water. Stir until the mixture is syrupy. At first it'll seem very stiff, but it will become "drizzable" as you stir it. Set the topping aside.
- Set the loaf pans on a baking sheet (covered with foil for easier clean-up should the cakes overflow.) Bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven. Stir the topping mixture. Using a pastry brush, brush the mixture on the cakes, making sure the entire tops are covered.
- Return the cakes to the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes. Remove the cakes from the oven and set on a rack to cool. Insert a toothpick in the center; it should come to out clean.
- Let cool on the rack for 30 minutes, then take a table knife and loosen the edges of the cakes and then turn both cakes out on the rack to cool completely.