Finger Lickin' Good Cake (Barbara Mandrell's "Pig-Lickin' Cake")
1 pkgyellow cake mix
11 oz can(s)mandarin oranges, undrained
1 stickbutter, melted
1/4 cvegetable oil
1 - 8 oz can(s)crushed pineapple (juice used for cake and pineapple used for frosting)
12 ozwhipped topping, thawed
3.4 ozbox of instant french vanilla or pistachio pudding (i use the french vanilla)
1 - 1 1/2 cshredded coconut
How to Make Finger Lickin' Good Cake (Barbara Mandrell's "Pig-Lickin' Cake")
- PREHEAT oven to 350; grease and flour pans.
- Mix all cake ingredients except pineapple juice on medium for about 3 minutes. This will cause the oranges to break up.
- Pour into 2 - 9” round cake pans. Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, poke holes all over and drizzle with reserved pineapple juice.
- Mix frosting ingredients well, making sure they are well combined and the pudding mix has dissolved. Frost cake after it has completely cooled.