Filled Donuts using Canned Biscuits
I hope you can follow my instructions for these 4 different ways of making donuts...I know I confused my self but I think I got it right :)
* cinnamon sugar
** lemon filled
*** strawberry filled
**** Boston Cream
1 can(s)8 count biscuits texas style buttermilk ( not the flaky kind )
·vegetable oil for frying
CINNAMON AND SUGAR : *
1 stickbutter ; melted
1 csugar mixed with cinnamon
FRUIT FILLED :
1 1/2 clemon curd** or strawberry curd***
BOSTON CREAM : ****
1 sm. boxinstant french vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cmilk
8 ozwhipped topping
1 can(s)chocolate frosting
1 cpowdered sugar
1 Tbspbutter, room temperature
How to Make Filled Donuts using Canned Biscuits
- Pour oil about 1/2" deep in a cast iron skillet or any large skillet and heat on med-high heat for about 5 minutes. DO NOT LEAVE OIL UNATTENDED.
- To test the oil, use handle of wooden spoon dipped in oil..if it bubbles around it, oil is hot enough. or I put a doughnut hole in it. It should sizzle and bubble around the edges and then you know its hot enough.
- To prepare biscuits for frying : Take out of Pkg. and place on a baking sheet while the oil is heating up.
- * If for the cut out donut ; use a lid from a water bottle and push through center to make a donut shape ; keep the donut holes and fry them also. Once fried : dip donut in butter then in the cinnamon & sugar mix.
- CAREFULLY Place Donuts ( 2 - 3 @ a time )in oil and cook until golden brown and using clasps GENTLY flip over ; once golden brown on both sides remove and place on paper towels to absorb any left over oil.
- For the glaze mix ingredients together until smooth.
- **** For the pudding : Blend pudding and milk together with a electric mixer , blend Well ; Fold in the whipped cream and mix up completely.
- Heat the frosting in the micro for about 30 sec. to melt it to a glaze consistency. Dip cream filled donuts in choc. and set on rack.