1 cgraham cracker crumbs
1/4 cbutter, melted
1 pkgunflavored gelatin (1 envelope)
1/2 ccold water
3 largeeggs, separated
16 ozcream cheese, softened
2 Tbspcocoa powder
1 cwhipping cream, whipped
How to Make Festive Irish Cream Cheesecake
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Soften gelatin in water, stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Blend in 3/4 cup sugar and beaten egg yolks; cook stirring constantly, over low heat, 3 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and cocoa, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Gradually add gelatin mixture and bourbon, mixing until well blended.
- Chill until thickened, but not set.
- Beat egg whites until foamy; gradually adding the remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites and whipped cream into cheese mixture and pour over crust.
- Chill until firm.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and small silver candy balls, if desired.
- VARIATION: Substitute 2 tablespoons cold coffee for bourbon or if you want something festive for St. Patrick's Day, try Bailey's!