Favorite Grasshopper Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- white cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 1 can(s)
- hershey's hot fudge ice cream topping (i warm in microwave to soften enough to pour)
- 8 oz. container of cool whip frozen topping, thawed
- green creme de menthe
- green food coloring (optional)
How to Make Favorite Grasshopper Cake
- 1Make cake according to box directions; substituting 1/4 cup of Creme de Menthe for 1/4 of water to the mix.
- 2Bake in a 9x13" cake pan.
- 3Cool completely.
- 4Spread the hot fudge topping on top.
- 5Mix some of the Creme de Menthe in the thawed Cooll Whip. (enough to tint green) and to give a little flavor. Not alot, otherwise, it will be too overpowering and will dilute the Cool Whip. So be careful.
- 6Spread this over the fudge topping layer.
- 7Cover and chill over night.
- 8****IMPORTANT TIP: warm the Hot Fudge in microwave so that it spreads over the cake easy without tearing up the cake. Also, for the Cool Whip, only put enough Creme de Menthe in the Cool Whip to give a bit of flavor. Add green food coloring for the added green color.