Favorite Apple Cake
3 call purpose flour
2 1/2 cgranulated sugar
3 tspbaking powder
1 ccanola oil
1/2 corange juice
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 cwalnuts, coarsely chopped
How to Make Favorite Apple Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Put rack in center of oven.
- In large mixing bowl, combine canola oil, orange juice, and sugar. Mix well with a hand mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly between additions. Add salt and baking soda and mix lightly. With hand mixer on med-low, gradually add flour one cup at a time. Set batter aside.
- Peel and core apples. Cut them into 1/4 inch slices. In separate bowl, combine apples, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon and walnuts. Stir to combine.
- Grease and flour a tube pan. Pour 1/2 of batter into the pan. Spoon 1/2 of the apple-walnut mixture on top of batter in pan. Pour half of remaining batter over apple-walnut mix already in the pan. Spoon remaining apple-walnut mixture on top of batter in pan. Finish with pouring remaining batter over the apple-walnut mixture.
- Place cake pan in center of rack. Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit for 2 hours. Check top of cake after 1 hour 45 min. If top begins to burn, turn off oven and open door slightly and remove in 15 minutes. Cool cake, in pan, on cooling rack, for 2 hours. Run a knife around edge of cake pan to loosen. Turn pan to remove cake but turn cake back onto a plate. Dust with confectioner's sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature.