- Really quick to fix when you have a hankering for CHOCOLATE!
Recipe originally from Giada ;)
·nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
1/3 cplus 2 tablespoons water
1/3 cvegetable oil
2 Tbspplus 2 teaspoons espresso powder
1 (19.9oz)brownie mix (recommended; duncan hines)
3/4 csemisweet chocolate chips
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 cpowderded sugar
1 Tbspunsalted butter, room temperature
How to Make Espresso Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk 1/3 cup of water, oil, eggs, and 2 tablespoons espresso powder in a large bowl to blend.
- Add the brownie mix. Stir until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile: in a medium bowl, dissolve the remaining 2 teaspoons of espresso powder in the remaining 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk in the vanilla. Add the powdered sugar and butter and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the brownies. Refrigerate until the glaze is set.
- Cut into bite-size pieces. Arrange the brownies on a platter and serve.