- Really quick to fix when you have a hankering for CHOCOLATE!
Recipe originally from Giada ;)
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/3 c
- plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- 2 large
- 2 Tbsp
- plus 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 (19.9oz)
- brownie mix (recommended; duncan hines)
- 3/4 c
- semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- powderded sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, room temperature
How to Make Espresso Brownies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- 2Whisk 1/3 cup of water, oil, eggs, and 2 tablespoons espresso powder in a large bowl to blend.
- 3Add the brownie mix. Stir until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 4Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes. Cool completely.
- 5Meanwhile: in a medium bowl, dissolve the remaining 2 teaspoons of espresso powder in the remaining 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk in the vanilla. Add the powdered sugar and butter and whisk until smooth.
- 6Pour the glaze over the brownies. Refrigerate until the glaze is set.
- 7Cut into bite-size pieces. Arrange the brownies on a platter and serve.