ELVIS PRESLEY'S POUND CAKE
How to Make ELVIS PRESLEY'S POUND CAKE
- Put oven rack in middle position, but do not preheat oven. Generously butter a flutted pan and dust with flour, knocking out excess flour.
- Sift together flour, salt into a bowl. Repeat sifting into another bowl (flour will have been sifted 3x).
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or 6-8 min with a hand held mixer.
- Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add half the flour, then all the cream, then remaining flour, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then beat at medium-high speed for 5 minutes. batter will become creamier and satiny.
- Spoon batter into pan and place in cold oven and turn oven to 350F. Bake until golden and wooden pick comes out clean, about 1hr 15min. Cool cake on rack for 30 min. Invert cake on rack and cool completely.