Elvis Presley's Favorite Whipping Cream Pound Cake By Freda
This batter is so good, I could eat it without ever baking the cake. This cake is so Light, and tender its just wonderful. There are Just NO WORDS that describe the delicate texture and taste.
This cake is so Good, You won't have to ask her to bake for You.
You can do it yourself, with pride.
Note: DO NOT PREHEAT YOUR OVEN
ELVIS PRESLEYS FAVORITE WHIP CREAM POUND CAKE
1/2 lbsalted butter, = 2 sticks, softened @ room temp
7eggs @ room temp
3 ccake flour, sifted twice
1 cwhipping cream (heavy cream)
2 tspgood vanilla extract
How to Make Elvis Presley's Favorite Whipping Cream Pound Cake By Freda
- Butter and Flour 10" tube or Bunt cale pan
- Crean together Sugar and Butter till fluffy
- Add Eggs, one at a time, Beat well after each.
- Mix in 1/2 the Sifted flour, (MUST SIFT the Flour Twice)
then Whipping cream,
then the other 1/2 of the SIFTED flour. Stir well
- Add Vanilla
- Pour into Prepared flour Coated pan. MUST be a Tall pan it Rises to a Full Angel food sized cake pan. Its a big Pound cake. (See Photo)
- Place in "Cold Oven" and turn on the Heat to 350* degrees, (DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN)
My Personal Note:
when I baked this in My Oven I baked this at 350 for 1 hr 50 min. and it was done. I tested with a sharp knife, as its pretty tall. My suggestion; Watch your ovens and check after 1 1/2 hrs as ovens do differ.
- Bake 1 hr 30 min. (1 1/2 hrs) until sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan, 5 min.
- Remove from pan and cool thoroughly.
- Wrap well this cake will Keep for several days. (even out on the Cupboard & Still be Moist and Good) . . I did just that.
(This recipe is printed as it was in the Mississippi Newspaper article)
Original Recipe does not say this, But I have used other flavors, such as, Orange and Lemon Extract in place of Vanilla, for Lemon or Orange Pound cake.