Elsie's Strawberry Cake
The cake is very moist and so flavorful!
1 boxwhite cake mix
1 smallpkg. strawberry gelatin
1 cvegetable oil ( or canola oil)
1 cpecans, chopped
1 ccoconut, flaked
1 cstrawberries, fresh or frozen
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tspbutter extract
1 tspalmond extract
16 ozconfectioner's sugar
1/2 cbutter (or margarine)
How to Make Elsie's Strawberry Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cake mix and dry gelatin, oil and milk. Blend well. Add eggs and beat four (4) minutes. Add 1/2 c. coconut, 1/2 c. pecans and 1/2 c. strawberries - blending only. (Note: If frozen strawberries are used they should be thawed. Strawberries should be mashed and well drained.) Bake in greased and floured pan 25 to 30 minutes or until "springy" to touch.
- Have combined when cake comes from oven: Powdered sugar, melted butter, 1/2 c. strawberries, 1/2 c. pecans, 1/2 c. coconut and the extracts.
- Cream sugar, butter. Add coconut, pecans, extracts, and strawberries--blend only.
- Make holes in cake (using fork tines) while hot and pour mixture over cake, pressing down with fork to force topping down into the cake.
- Cool before serving. Cake can be made completely with topping and frozen for future use. (Note: due to the high acidity level of the strawberries, cover cake with plastic wrap before covering with aluminum foil, otherwise holes will appear in the foil.)