How to Make Elephant Ears
- 1In saucepan combine milk, sugar, salt, and shortening and heat until shortening melts. DO NOT LET MIXTURE BOIL.
- 2Cool mixture to lukewarm add yeast and stir until dissolved.
- 3Add 2 cups of flour mix well and then add the rest of flour. Mix till smooth.
- 4Place in greased bowl until doubled, cover with damp cloth. To help speed up I always place bowl in sink and fill it to half way up the bowl with hot water, just make sure not to get any in the bowl.
- 5One at a time place into fryer, or pot which ever, until dough rises to the surface. Turn and fry on the other side until light brown.
- 6Drain on paper towel and sprinkle with powder sugar