Eggnog Tres Leches Cake
16 1/2 ozyellow or white cake mix
1 cplain yogurt
1 1/4 cdairy eggnog
1/4 ccanola oil
7 ozsweetened condensed milk
6 ozevaporated milk
2/3 cdairy eggnog
1 cheavy whipping cream
·fresh ground nutmeg, for garnish
How to Make Eggnog Tres Leches Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13x9 baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, yogurt, eggnog, and canola oil. With an electric mixer, blend on low for 30 seconds; shut off and scrape down sides. Blend on medium speed for 2 minutes. Batter should be smooth but slightly thicker than a regular cake batter. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25- 28 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Remove and allow to cool on wire rack.Once cool, poke holes in cake at 1 inch intervals using a wooden spoon or straw.
- In a bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and eggnog. Pour entire bowl slowly into holes on cake. Cover pan and refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 4 hours. The longer it sits, the better it gets.
- Meanwhile, in a chilled bowl, beat whipping cream and sugar with chilled beaters until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use. To serve, place a dollop on portion of cake and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh ground nutmeg. Store cake in refrigerator.
*** in my second batch of whipped cream, I added the nutmeg directly to the whipping cream and that was quite tasty too.
- NUTRITIONAL INFO: per serving without whipped cream
Fat: 11.7g Sat Fat: 3.4g
Total Carbs: 37.9g Sugars:25.5g