Eggnog Shortbread Mini Cheesecakes
I brought it to our Thanksgiving potluck and served cherry pie topping as an option for those who love cherries.
It was a hit!! Try it see what you think!
- 1 pkg
- pecan shortbread cookies (14 -15 ounce pkg) i used keebler's pecan shortbread cookies
- 6 Tbsp
- melted unsalted butter
- 3 pkg
- 8 ounces each, cream cheese
- 2/3 c
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 large
- egg, plus 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- rum or 1 1/2 teaspoon rum flavoring
How to Make Eggnog Shortbread Mini Cheesecakes
- 1Heat oven to 350 DF. Put cupcake liners in cupcake pan.
In food processor add all cookies and pulse until you have a nice fine crumb.
- 2In medium bowl, put cookie crumbs and melted butter stir until well combined.
Put about 1 tablespoon of crumbs into each liner filled cake tin. Pat with fingers out to edges of liner. Bake at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or til just light brown. Remove set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. About 5 minutes. In another bowl blend 2/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. On low speed, beat into cream cheese. Increase speed to medium; beat in egg, then yolks. Beat well after each addition. Beat in eggnog and rum.
- 4Pour filling into crusts, I used a 1/4 cup measure and filled to about 1/4 inch from the the top. Spread level.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until just set in the center. The tops may crack.
Cool to room temp and refrigerate until serving. These are best made a day ahead to allow all the flavors to meld. Serve with favorite fruit topping or plain.
- 5To make one cheesecake, press cookie crumbs into bottom and up the side of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes, cool slightly.
Add filling into crust, spread level. Bake for 45 minutes, or until just set in the middle. While warm, run a thin spatula between pan and crust. Cool to room temp and refrigerate until serving. Serve with fruit topping optional.