How to Make Eggnog Pound Cake
- 1Cream butter and shortening and gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Add flour to creamed mexture alternately with eggnog, beginning and ending with flour.
- 4Mix just until blended after each addition and stir in coconut and flavorings.
- 5Pour batter into a greased and floured 10" tube pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- 6Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.