Egg Nog cake using a yellow cake mix
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- yellow cake mix
- 1/3 c
- of vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 c
- your favorite egg nogg
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- apple pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice)
- 1/4 c
- sour cream
- 3 large
- 1/2 tsp
- rum extract
How to Make Egg Nog cake using a yellow cake mix
- 1First preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Then Grease and flour a 9"x13" cake pan. (I use Baker's Joy spray)
- 3Next mix the egg, oil, eggnog, cake mix, sour cream, rum extract, and apple pie spice in a mixing bowl for 2 minutes, scraping bowl as necessary.
- 4Do not be tempted to add more rum flavoring. The extract is very strong.
- 5Next pour the cake mix into prepared pan and bake in your oven at 350 for 29 - 32 minutes. I check around 29 minutes and the top of my oven is the hottest so I place the cake on the top rack.
- 6Take out when cooled.
prepare whipped topping with apple pie spice, cinnamon or nutmeg and place on top. I also make a butter rum sauce but it is very strong. A caramel sauce would also go well with this cake.