Egg Nog cake using a yellow cake mix
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1yellow cake mix
1/3 cof vegetable oil
1 1/4 cyour favorite egg nogg
1 1/2 Tbspapple pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice)
1/4 csour cream
1/2 tsprum extract
How to Make Egg Nog cake using a yellow cake mix
- First preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then Grease and flour a 9"x13" cake pan. (I use Baker's Joy spray)
- Next mix the egg, oil, eggnog, cake mix, sour cream, rum extract, and apple pie spice in a mixing bowl for 2 minutes, scraping bowl as necessary.
- Do not be tempted to add more rum flavoring. The extract is very strong.
- Next pour the cake mix into prepared pan and bake in your oven at 350 for 29 - 32 minutes. I check around 29 minutes and the top of my oven is the hottest so I place the cake on the top rack.
- Take out when cooled.
prepare whipped topping with apple pie spice, cinnamon or nutmeg and place on top. I also make a butter rum sauce but it is very strong. A caramel sauce would also go well with this cake.