Easy Vanilla Lime Pound Cake
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 cwhole milk
2 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1-2 tspfresh grated lime zest
How to Make Easy Vanilla Lime Pound Cake
- this is an adaptation of a recipe reportedly used by Cake Boss.
- 1. Beat eggs in large mixing bowl with paddle attachment for 4 minutes. Do not skip this step!
- 2. Add sugar and lime zest and continue beating for another 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and stir on low until just combined
- 3. In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add to eggs and sugar on low speed until just combined.
- 4. In a saucepan, heat milk and butter on low heat just until butter is melted. Add to batter, beat just until combined. i like to get this started before i start mixing- that way the eggs dont have to rest before mixing in the rest. also i found adding this slowly Before adding the dry ingredients it mixes up better. the previous recipe had you adding the flour before the milk.
- 5. Pour into two greased and floured 8" round cake pans.
- 6. Bake at 325 until the middle springs back when touched, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let stand in pans for 10 minutes. Then turn out onto wire cooling racks and cool completely.
- Hint: Cakes are close to being done when you start to smell them.