Easy Upside-Down Cake
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- 2/3 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple slices or crushed
- maraschino cherries, no stems
- yellow cake mix (with ingredients required on box)
How to Make Easy Upside-Down Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 375 F
- 2Melt the butter and pour in into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle the brown sugar over the melted butter.
- 4Place the pineapple slices over the brown sugar and place a maraschino cherry in the center of each slice.
- 5Mix the cake mix according to the directions except use the pineapple juice and water to reach to amount of water called for in the directions.
- 6Pour the cake batter over the pineapple slices and bake according to box directions.
- 7When the cake is done, remove from oven and let sit for @ 5 minutes. Place a serving tray or cookie sheet upside down over the cake; Turn the cake upside down so it will come out of the cake pan onto the tray. Let sit for a few minutes then remove the cake pan.
- 8OPTION: Replace the pineapple slices and cherries with canned, sliced peaches (drained, making Peach Upside Down Cake.