Easy Upside-Down Cake
1/2 cbutter, melted
2/3 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 can(s)pineapple slices or crushed
10maraschino cherries, no stems
1yellow cake mix (with ingredients required on box)
How to Make Easy Upside-Down Cake
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Melt the butter and pour in into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the melted butter.
- Place the pineapple slices over the brown sugar and place a maraschino cherry in the center of each slice.
- Mix the cake mix according to the directions except use the pineapple juice and water to reach to amount of water called for in the directions.
- Pour the cake batter over the pineapple slices and bake according to box directions.
- When the cake is done, remove from oven and let sit for @ 5 minutes. Place a serving tray or cookie sheet upside down over the cake; Turn the cake upside down so it will come out of the cake pan onto the tray. Let sit for a few minutes then remove the cake pan.
- OPTION: Replace the pineapple slices and cherries with canned, sliced peaches (drained, making Peach Upside Down Cake.