★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- tsp. vanilla, almond, or anise extract
- 1 1/2 lb
- ricotta cheese
- 3/4 c
How to Make Easy-to-fix Cassata Cake
- 1Prepare cake mix according to box directions.
- 2Pour cake mixture into greased 9 1/2 X 13 inch pan
- 3In a bowl, mix eggs, extract, ricotta cheese and sugar. You can add colored sprinkles to the mixture if desired.
- 4Pour cheese mixture on top of the cake mix--do NOT mix into the cake mixture.
- 5Bake 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees. When toothpick comes out clean, remove from the oven. You can pour rum over the cake if desired.
- 6When the cake has cooled, you can cut into small squares and place in cupcake paper and sprinkle with confectionary sugar.