★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 boxyellow cake mix
2tsp. vanilla, almond, or anise extract
1 1/2 lbricotta cheese
How to Make Easy-to-fix Cassata Cake
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions.
- Pour cake mixture into greased 9 1/2 X 13 inch pan
- In a bowl, mix eggs, extract, ricotta cheese and sugar. You can add colored sprinkles to the mixture if desired.
- Pour cheese mixture on top of the cake mix--do NOT mix into the cake mixture.
- Bake 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees. When toothpick comes out clean, remove from the oven. You can pour rum over the cake if desired.
- When the cake has cooled, you can cut into small squares and place in cupcake paper and sprinkle with confectionary sugar.