Easy Rhubarb Dessert
This cake has a creamy, rich rhubarb topping. Serve warm from the oven, just as is.... Or with a little whipped topping, if you like, and its heaven!
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix (standard 2 layer size)
- ingredients called for on cake mix box
- 6 c
- fresh or frozen rhubarb, diced
- 1 c
- 1 c
- heavy cream or half and half
How to Make Easy Rhubarb Dessert
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 by 13 inch pan and set aside.
Mix cake as directed on package, using ingredients called for on the box. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Set aside.
- 2Sprinkle rhubarb pieces evenly over cake mix. Next sprinkle sugar on top of rhubarb. Then slowly pour cream or half and half over everything being careful not to push rhubarb to sides or center. Do not mix.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done.
Serve warm as is or cool and top with whipped topping.