Easy Lemon Curd Pound Cake
- 1 large
- Sara Lee pound cake (frozen)
- 8 oz
- mascarpone cheese (softened)
- 4 oz
- heavy whipping cream (chilled)
- 1 oz
- lemon jello ( 4 1/2 cup size package)
- 8 oz
- jar or homemade lemon curd
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice or extract
- 2-3 Tbsp
- 5-6 slice
- strawberries, fresh
How to Make Easy Lemon Curd Pound Cake
- 1Whip together (in a chilled bowl) on medium speed: mascarpone cheese , heavy whipping cream until stiff, slowly add jello, mix then add lemon curd-whip to blend
Slowly add milk and lemon juice until smooth as pudding (more or less, if necessary). Finish on high speed
Chill for at least an hour if not stiff enough. I've had to add a little sifted powdered sugar, mix until stiff.
- 2Slice cake in three layers (length wise). It's best to slice while cake is still slightly frozen. OR you can use an Angel Food Cake, but the pound cake seems to be the best choice.
- 3Spread frosting on cake, one layer at a time. If enough frosting is left after layering, you can cover the entire cake.
Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
Garnish with sliced strawberries (optional)