Easy Lemon Cake
1 boxcake mix, vanilla or lemon
1 csour cream
1 boxinstant pudding mix, vanilla or lemon
2 Tbsplemon juice
2 Tbsplemon rind, grated
1 jar(s)lemon curd or about cup of canned lemon pie filling
1 ptheavy whipping cream
2 Tbspconfectioners' sugar
How to Make Easy Lemon Cake
- Mix cake mix and pudding together, add oil, water, eggs and sour cream. Add in 1Tbs of lemon juice and 1Tbs of lemon rind.
- Pour into greased and floured pans. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes depending on cake size. If you use ten inch pans for a whole recipe like I do, bake at 325 for 50-55 minutes. Check for with toothpick or wood skewer to test for doneness.
- Cool cake completely. I usually wrap the cakes up in a tea towel or several layers of paper towels and let them cool in the fridge as this helps to keep the cake moist.
- Filling: Into a small bowl mix all but 1 Tbs of the lemon curd (reserve for frosting) Add in 1 Tbs of lemon juice. Spread filling over bottom layer of cake, place second layer on top.
- Frosting: Whip both pints of whipping cream until peaks begin to form, gently fold in confectioner's sugar, 1Tbs lemon curd and 1Tbs lemon rind. Blend well being careful not over blend--the frosting should be light and fluffy.
- Frost cake and let set for at least two hours before serving.