Easy Kentucky Pound Cake
1 1/2 cbutter,softened
2 1/2 cgranulated sugar
5 largeeggs,room temperature
3 call purpose flour
3/4 tspbaking powder
1 cmilk(i have also used sour cream)
1 tspvanilla extract
3/4 tspalmond extract( or lemon...or just use a total of 1 3/4 teaspoon vanilla and omit the almond
1 1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
2 Tbspplus 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
·place ingredients into small bowl and whisk until well blended.
How to Make Easy Kentucky Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325* and grease and flour pan(bundt or fluted). I am told it makes 2 nice loaf cakes as well.
- ALL ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs,one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Sift 3 cups of flour with baking powder and salt.
- Starting with flour mixture,add alternately flour mixture and milk.
- Mix in extract(s).
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes and then turn out on rack to cool. If glazing let the cake cool completely first.
- I made this cake today and I needed to cook it for one hour and 15 minutes...so make sure you test with a toothpick :o)