Easy Chocolate Lava Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 ozsemisweet baking chocolate
1 cpowdered sugar
·extra powdered sugar (optional)
·fresh berries (optional)
How to Make Easy Chocolate Lava Cake
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease four ramekins or souffle dishes with butter.
- Melt bakers chocolate and butter over double boiler, stirring with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. The microwave works too (around 45 seconds on high), but be sure not to melt the butter too much, or it will be too soupy.
- Add sugar to the chocolate mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Add eggs and egg yolks, whisking until smooth.
- Add flour, whisking until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among greased ramekins or souffle dishes, and place them on a baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top crust looks done and firm, about 13 minutes. You might start to see bubbles forming along the edges. Be careful not to over-bake as this will cause the centers to harden!
- Let stand for a few minutes until cool and then gently run a kitchen knife around the edges of the cakes to loosen from the ramekins. Put a serving plate upside down on top of the ramekins and flip over to invert the cake onto the plate.
- If desired, use a sifter to dust the cakes with powdered sugar and place fresh berries around the plate. My favorite is blackberries!