Easy Carrot Cake
- 1 pkg. spice cake mix, 2 layer size
- 2 cups grated carrots, about 1/2 lb.
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained, 8 oz
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 pkg. cream cheese, softened, 8 oz. each
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tub whipped dessert topping, thawed, 8 oz
How to Make Easy Carrot Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Make cake mix as directed on package, stirring carrots, pineapple and 3/4 cup of pecans into batter til well blended. Pour into 2 prepared 9 inch round baking pans. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or til toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
- 2Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer or wire whisk til well blended. Stir in whipped topping til well blended.
- 3Put 1 cake layer on serving plate. Spread with 1 1/2 cups of cream cheese mixture. Carefully place second cake layer on top of the first. (I usually place the top layer upside down. Makes for a more even top) Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream cheese mixture. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup pecans. Refrigerate til ready to serve. Makes 16 servings.