Easy Berrylicious Cake
The name came from a friend here on JAP..
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This recipe surprised me that it was so easy and tasty! I'm thinking of also trying it with a lemon cake mix and blueberries...or maybe raspberries! I think you could use whatever is in season and be happy... it is light yet really satisfying. My hubby, my mom, my neighbors and I made fast work of this one!
TIP: We liked it straight out of the fridge... and it was even better the next day! The Test Kitchen
1 boxwhite cake mix (I used Pillsbury)
1 cfrench vanilla half & half (light)
1/2 clight sour cream
1 jar(s)blueberry jam
1 jar(s)strawberry jam
1 pkgCool Whip (8oz)
·a few strawberries to granish the top
How to Make Easy Berrylicious Cake
- Preheat oven 350, spray 13x9 cake pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Mix cake mix,eggs,french vanilla Half& half, and light sour cream until blended, beat on low for 2-3 minutes. Pour into cake pan and bake 40 mins or till tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 5 minutes and warm up jams. Poke holes in cake with the end of wooden spoon every inch or so, pour strawberry Jam over the cake making sure holes are being filled.
- Then spread the blueberry jam over the top of cake (like you are icing the cake)
- Let cake cool completly and then add Cool Whip