Easy Apricot Preserves Cake
I got this recipe from a friend at church some time ago. She has since passes away but she was famous for her cakes.
- butter and flour for greasing pan
- 2 c
- apricot preserves
- 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 box
- (2 layer size) yellow cake mix
- ingredients called for on cake mix package
- whipped cream or cool whip
OPTIONAL TOPPING FOR BAKED CAKE:
How to Make Easy Apricot Preserves Cake
- 1Butter two 8 or 9 inch cake pans well. Pour 1/2 of preserves into each pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle nuts (if using) evenly over preserves. Set pans aside.
Mix cake as directed on package. Use all ingredients called for on package.
Gently pour 1/2 of cake mix into each pan, being careful not to disturb fruit.
Bake as directed on package.
- 2When cakes are done remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Invert pans onto serving plates. If any fruit sticks to pans scrale from pan and spread on cake. Continue to cool.
Serve cake with whipped topping if desired.
- 3NOTE: For best results use preserves that have more fruit than syrup. I believe any flavor can be used as long as it is not too syrupy.