EASTER EGG 4 layer CAKE....1953. .from a box mix
Nancy J. Patrykus
you can make this 1953 beautiful
Easter Egg Cake.
I found this recipe in an old magazine ad years ago.
Now after going through my box of cake recipes,
& with Easter 2012 just around the corner I decided to share it with all my J.A.P. buddies.
I am sure your family and friends will love it.
**This is a General Foods photo
My Easter recipe # 2
How to Make EASTER EGG 4 layer CAKE....1953. .from a box mix
- When cake is cool,cut each cake layer across in two,
about 1/4 inch off center. See directions picture.
This will make 2 large and 2 smaller pieces.
1. Place these 4 pieces together with frosting between them. With the smaller pieces on the outside.
2. Stand them upright,on a cake plate with the cut sides down.
3. Trim the outside pieces at the top outer edges to help round off edges...for an egg shape.
4. Then trim off outside pieces,slicing diagonally
to give cake an oval shape at the bottom.
- Cover the whole mound with the remaining frosting, filling in to make an egg shape. Decorate with extra white and tinted frosting, and jelly beans.
Tint coconut green for the grass at the bottom of cake.
To serve cut across the cake as shown so each person gets a 4 layer slice.
Be sure to take a picture...and hopefully you will share one with me....
A Blessed Easter to all.....Hugs, nancy