Easter carrot cake
Don't let this cake scare you, it really is simple to decorate and so fun for the kids to help with.
1 pkgbetty crocker supermoist carrot cake mix
1/2 ccup vegetable oil
1 can(s)(8 oz) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1/2 cchopped nuts (i use walnuts but other nuts will do )
1/2 cshredded coconut
1(16-oz.size) ready made cream cheese frosting
How to Make Easter carrot cake
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease and lightly flour or spray bottoms only of two 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pans.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and pineapple (with juice) with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in nuts, coconut and raisins. Pour into pans
- Bake 8-inch rounds 40 to 45 minutes, 9-inch rounds 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool for 30 min
- Add cool cake to freezer let freeze over night
Helps to cut cake.
- Remove cake, and assemble on top of each other, With a serrated knife on a 160% angle, cut the top edge of the cake off about 1/8 of an inch. (Dont worry about messing it up, that's what great about frosting it will cover it right up)
- Frost the cake.
- Tint 1 cup of coconut with green dye, by placing coconut in a plastic bag add a few drops of green dye give it a good shake (good job for the kids to do until the desired color is reached (Do not add to much green or coconut wont taste as good)
- With green coconut make a little nest on top of the cake. Add jelly bean eggs, and other Easter candy.
- For a handle, arch two pipe cleaners over the cake. Wrap ribbons around the handle and tie a big bow in the center.