Easter Basket Cake
Vanessa "Nikita" Milare
1 pkgpeeps marshmallow chicks
1 pkgassorted jelly bean candy
1 boxcake mix, any flavor
2 can(s)vanilla or chocolate frosting
1 ccoconut, shredded
1 ozfood coloring any color
How to Make Easter Basket Cake
- Prepare cake mix according to the packagefor making two 8 inch round cakes. bake cakes & let cool.
- To layer,place one cake on a plate & top with the frosting. Place second cake on top. Lightly frost entire cake.
- Chill cake in refrigerator for one hour. Add second coating of frosting. Using a large serving fork, create vertical & horizontal lines to make basket weave design in the frosting on side of cake.
- Spead coconut shavings onto a tray.Mix in the green food coloring with 1/3cup of water in a spray bottle.Spray the colored water onto the coconut & mix well.
- Place on top of the cake. Then place the Mallow PEEPS orelly beans on the coconut.