You can also make cupcakes with it. Which that is what the recipe is for but i made a cake.
I want to give credit where it's due. I found it at tastytriumphs.blogspot.com
How to Make Earthquake Cake
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cake mix according to directions on the box.
Spray glass pan.
- Sprinkle coconut on bottom of pan,then sprinkle chopped pecans.Pour cake mixture onto coconut and pecans.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat,melt butter and cream cheese together, stirring often until both are melted and combined.
- Blend in 4 cups of powered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Swirl the butter mixture over the cake mixture.
- Bake for about 12-20 minutes they may seem slightly underdone, but they will firm up as they cool.Butter mixture will sink into the cake and make a gooey center.