1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of one 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. Layer coconut and pecans in the bottom of pan.
3. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions and pour over pecans and coconut.
4. Combine cream cheese, butter or margarine, vanilla and confectioner’s sugar and beat until smooth. Pour over cake mix.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or more - check it to make sure the bottom part is cooked with the toothpick test - so the toothpick does not have gooey cake on it from the bottom
Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips on top to the hot cake after you remove it from the oven