Dutch Stroophock (Molasses Cake)
1/4 cbutter, room temperature
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 cwater, boiling
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspallspice, ground
1 tspground cinnamon
1/2 tspground cloves
1 tspbaking soda
1 largeegg, beaten
How to Make Dutch Stroophock (Molasses Cake)
- In a large bowl add butter, sugar, and molasses. Pour boiling water over that and mix real well.
- In another bowl stir together flour, baking soda, and all the spices.
- Add the 1/2 of the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well and then add the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Add the beaten egg mix until its fully incorporated into batter. Stir in the raisins.
- Pour into a well greased baking pan 9x9x2 and bake at 375 for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.