☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2 cpitted sour cherries, drained
1 1/2 Tbspcinnamon sugar
1 cunsalted butter
2 1/2 cflour
2 tspbaking soda
2 Tbspconfectioners sugar
How to Make Drowned Cherry Cake
- Drain cherries. Set aside
- Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Add vanilla. Fold in flour and baking powder.
- Spread the batter immediately into 10 inch springform pan and smooth it with a spatula. It will be thick.
- Distribute the cherries over batter, press each one down slightly to anchor it. If you have more cherries than can be pushed in on a single layer, just keep pushing more down!
- Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over surface of cake.
- Bake at 375ºF/190C oven and bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before loosening and putting it onto a cake rack to cool completely. When cool, using a sieve, sift confectioners' sugar over the top and serve with whipped cream.