- 1 pkg
- duncan hines yellow cake mix
- 1 can(s)
- del monte fruit cocktail, large, undrained
- 1 can(s)
- dvaporated milk, small
- 1 stick
- butter or margerine
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 c
- coconut, flaked
- 1 1/2 c
- pecans, chopped or pcs
- 3 Tbsp
How to Make Drema's Fruit Cocktail Cake
- 1Preheat oven and grease an oblong baking dish or cake pan. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Reduce water by 1/2 cup. Mix well and beat according to package directions.
- 2Pour cake batter into baking pan. Gently pour in fruit cocktail and juice into center of prepared cake mix.
- 3Bake according to directions on box adding about 10 minutes. Test center done when tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- 4While baking, prepare topping. In large mixing bowl place coconut, sugar and pecans and flour. Using hands gently toss ingredients together until well mixed. Pour in evaporated milk and melted butter. Mix thoroughly until coated well. Store or set aside.
- 5Remove cake from oven and apply topping to cake while warm. Allow cake to cool before serving.
Tip - Alternative cake mix would be pineapple upside down is delicious also with the above recipe!