★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 pkg
- honey maid graham crackers, crushed (or already prepared)
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 can(s)
- large pineapple, crushed (lge)
- bananas, split lengthwise, dipped in lemon juice solution
- 1 c
- pecans, chopped or pieces
- 1/2 bottle
- hersey chocolate syrup
- 1 large
- cool whip container (small will work)
- 1 jar(s)
- maraschino cherries
- 1 qt
- ice cream, softened (your choice or mix)
- 2 jar(s)
- pecans in heavy syrup
How to Make Drema's "Extreme Banana Split" Sundae Pie
- 1Grease or spray lightly an oblong glass dish (approximately 14 x 9 x 2). Wipe out excess with paper towel.
Place graham crackers in a large baggie and crush or use rolling pin, food processor. Combine these crumbs with melted butter and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
Scoop mixture into glass pan and press tightly over the entire bottom of dish. Use hands or a glass to press in. Set aside.
Mix in 4 teasponss sugar and melted butter. Mix well and place in large oblong glass dish. Approxmetely 14 x 9.
- 2Spread softened ice cream of your choice onto crust. Smooth out evenly out to edges. Place split bananas lightly on top of ice cream mixture. Spread crushed pineapple on top of bananas, distributring to entire surface. Spread syrup and pecans evenly on this. Cover and place in fridge overnite!
- 3Next day remove from fridge. I warm my chocolate syrup a bit in the microwave (be sure to vent it). Squeeze out squiggles all over the surface of the nut.
Carefully spread the cool whip out smooth or you can swirl for pretty effects. (You may want the chocolate syrup on the cool whip - use your creativity!)
I drain my cherries on paper towel so they will not bleed. With stems attached place sporadically all over the top! We always wanted more than 1 cherry anyway - right?
Enjoy and invite those ice cream fanatics to come over for a bowl! Yummy!