- 2 pkg
- french vanilla pudding, instant
- 2 c
- 1 medium
- cool whip
- 1 box
- honey graham crakcers, unbroken
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/3 c
- cocoa powder
- 1/4 c
- evaporated milk
- 1/2 stick
- butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
How to Make Drema's "Boston Cream Cake"
- 1Spray a large baking dish (approximately 10 x 14) with non-stick coating lightly. Wipe excess clean with paper towel. Set aside. We will be layering shortly.
- 2In top of double boiler combine sugar,cocoa and butter, gradually add in evaporated milk stirring well until comes to a boil. Remove from heat and beat in vanilla. Should be a smooth glossy icing. Set aside.
- 3Beat pudding mix thoroughly on high with 2 cups of milk until thick. Gently fold into large mixing bowl with cool whip . Set aside.
- 4To start layering place first layer of graham crackers (unbroken) into baking dish.
Pour a thin layer of chocolate mixture over crackers gently spreading with apatula.
Scoop and spread the pudding mixture next (careful to not disturb chocolate.
Add another layer of graham crackers and press gently. Pour chocolate mixture spreading to edges thinly again. Scoop or pour more pudding mixture spreading evenly.
Repeat ending with plenty of chocolate for icing. I tend to make this about 1/2" thick and spread to make glossy smooth, flat finish!
Cover and chill in fridge for several hours before serving (or longer)
Option: Sprinkle 1 cup of chopped pecans if so desired. Yummy!