Dreamy Pina Colada Cake
- pineapple cake mix
- 2 8oz can(s)
- of dole crushed pineapple, drained and juice set aside
- 3/4 c
- 1/3 c
- veggie oil
- large eggs
- 4 c
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 c
- 4 Tbsp
- of milk or until creamy
- 1/2 c
- cream of coconut
- 2 tsp
- of coconut extract
- 1 1/2 c
- coconut flakes
FOR THE ICING
How to Make Dreamy Pina Colada Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the cake mix, water, Pineapple juice,oil and eggs with a mixer until blended.
- 2Fold in the crushed pineapple with a spoon. (you do not use the mixer to stir together the crushed pineapple because it will crush it more and then you won't be able to taste the chunks.
- 3Lightly grease 2 8 inch round pans. Pour the cake mixture into the pans and cook for 33-36 minutes. Or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 4Remove from oven and let cool in the pans for 10 mins and then release onto a cookie rack to cool completely.
- 5while the cake is cooking, cream together the crisco, milk, cream of coconut and coconut extract until smooth.
- 6Slowly add in the confectioner's sugar and mix well with a mixer. When all the sugar is blended well. You then add the coconut flakes. (if the mixture is too stiff you can add a small amount of milk or cream of coconut until spreadable.)
- 7When the cake is cool. Spread a nice layer onto the top of one of the cake halves. Next top the other cake on top of the coconut iced cake. Then use the rest of the icing till evenly spread all over cake.
- 8When done top the cake with a cherry!