Dreamy Pina Colada Cake
1pineapple cake mix
2 8oz can(s)of dole crushed pineapple, drained and juice set aside
1/3 cveggie oil
FOR THE ICING
4 cconfectioners' sugar
4 Tbspof milk or until creamy
1/2 ccream of coconut
2 tspof coconut extract
1 1/2 ccoconut flakes
How to Make Dreamy Pina Colada Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the cake mix, water, Pineapple juice,oil and eggs with a mixer until blended.
- Fold in the crushed pineapple with a spoon. (you do not use the mixer to stir together the crushed pineapple because it will crush it more and then you won't be able to taste the chunks.
- Lightly grease 2 8 inch round pans. Pour the cake mixture into the pans and cook for 33-36 minutes. Or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pans for 10 mins and then release onto a cookie rack to cool completely.
- while the cake is cooking, cream together the crisco, milk, cream of coconut and coconut extract until smooth.
- Slowly add in the confectioner's sugar and mix well with a mixer. When all the sugar is blended well. You then add the coconut flakes. (if the mixture is too stiff you can add a small amount of milk or cream of coconut until spreadable.)
- When the cake is cool. Spread a nice layer onto the top of one of the cake halves. Next top the other cake on top of the coconut iced cake. Then use the rest of the icing till evenly spread all over cake.
- When done top the cake with a cherry!