- 1 box
- cake mix, orange or white
- 2 tsp
- orange extract
- all ingredients listed on cake mix
- drops orange food coloring (if white cake)
- 4 oz
- cream cheese
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- regular sized tub of cool whip
How to Make Dreamsicle Cake
- 1Preheat oven to temperature on box. Grease and flour (I like to use powdered sugar) two 8 or 9 inch cake pans.
- 2Mix cake as directed on box, adding the orange extract. Bake according to directions on box. Cool completely.
- 3Slice each layer in half making 4 layers. Cover and stack each layer with prepared frosting.
- 4Frosting- Beat cream cheese and sour cream slowly adding powdered sugar until well blended. Fold in cool whip.