Dr. Byrd Cake
3 cflour (self rising)
1 tspbaking soda
2 cbananas, ripe, diced
1 1/2 tspvanilla or vanilla extract
1 1/2 cvegetable oil
1 can(s)crushed pineapple, in natural juice
1 cpecans, pieces
How to Make Dr. Byrd Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease and flour a 9 inch tube or bundt pan.
- Sift together the Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda, Cinnamon and Salt and set aside.
- Peel and dice the Bananas.
- In a large bowl, wisk the Eggs. Wisk in the Vanilla and Oil. With a large spoon, stir in the flour mixture, Crushed Pineapple with its natural juice, Bananas and Pecans if used. Stir to blend, but do not beat.
- Pour batter into the tube or bundt pan and bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the top is dark brown and cracks open. Allow to cool at least 30 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar if so desired.